- Power Mgmt
- Minespec Parts
- Sensors / Alarms
The G3500 is a smart, 8 Step, fully automatic switch-mode battery charger and maintainer. The G3500 restores batteries to their original capacity, recovers slightly sulfated batteries, charges batteries in cold climates, rescues drained batteries and provides maintenance charging to increase battery life. A versatile battery charger that provides charging modes for both large and small batteries from 1.2-120Ah, such as Cars, RVs, Boats and Trucks, as well as for Motorcycles, ATVs, Jet Skis or Snowmobiles.
Although they often appear to be a better economic choice for the typical consumer, trickle chargers do not have the advantage of sophisticated microprocessor electronic control. What appears to be a cost savings for the charger may actually cost several times the charger price in replacement batteries. This is the difference between the GENIUS 8 stage and the other 2 step Lead Acid Chargers.Thanks to the first step ( time controlled charge). This helps activate the battery status and wake up a weak or flat battery to a suitable recharging level. This improves the battery life and in turn helps to save the environment. The batteries are protected from overcharging as well.
- A 6V and 12V battery charger and maintainer.
- Charges lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries up to 120 amp-hours.
- Recovers deeply discharged batteries down to 2-volts.
- Spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Built-in battery desulfator to recover worn-out batteries.
- Safely monitors battery actively with zero overcharge.
- Suitable for start-stop and CANbus vehicle systems.
- Advanced diagnostics indication for damaged batteries.
- Progressive repair mode for heavily sulfated 12V batteries.
What’s In The Box
- G3500 Charger
- Accessory Quick Connect lead for maintenance charging of batteries via battery clamps which can be removed to provide insteadAccessory Quick Connect Eyelet lead for permanent fitting of leads to a battery in “hard to get at” terminal locations.
- Owners Manual and User Guide
Step 1: Diagnostics
Checks the battery voltage to make sure battery connections are good and the battery is in a stable condition before beginning the charge process.
Step 2: Recovery
Initializes the Recovery process, if needed, for deeply discharged or sulfated (desulfation) batteries by pulsing small amounts of current.
Step 3: Soft Start
Begins Bulk charging process with a gentle (soft) charge.
Step 4-5: Bulk
The Bulk charging process continues and returns 80% of the battery capacity. Indicated by the 25%, 50% and 75% CHARGE LEDs.
Step 6: Absorption
Brings the charge level to 90%. The battery charger will deliver small amounts of current to provide a safe, efficient charge and limit battery gassing.
Step 7: Trickle
Battery is fully charged and ready to use, indicated by the 100% CHARGE LED being a solid Green. In this step, the battery charger will only deliver enough current that the battery needs. If the battery tells the charger that more current is needed, the battery charger will switch to Maintenance.
Step 8: Maintenance
Continuously monitors the battery voltage to determine if a maintenance charge should be initiated. If the terminal voltage falls below 6.4V (6V) and 12.8V (12V), the charger will start the Maintenance cycle until voltage reaches 7.2V (6V) and 14.4V (12V) and then discontinues the charge cycle. The cycle between Trickle and Maintenance is repeated indefinitely to keep the battery at full charge, without overcharging. The battery charger can be left connected indefinitely.